MTH coach seats painting

Jerry B44

Looked up Santa Fe coach seat colors, they had lots!  Aqua was one. Found some pix also showing a Navajo design on some seats, so will try printing that off and putting on a seat and see if that works.  I will paint the bar and tables a different colors and some of the seats. This is a spray you see here. I did the same to my UP coach interiors. I have some 1/32nd scale seated I figures I got off ebay. Crude painting, but looking from the outside they look fine.

CoachSeats1.JPG

I started it on my UP cars, interiors were same color as the cars. UP cars had different color schemes as did Santa Fe. Will print off some designs today and see how they look on the seats. Lot of wasted effort really, can't see in them that well, but it' winter.....figures help for sure, better than being empty.

Very nice!  Are you matching your colors to the originals, or just winging it?  SP Daylight had a variety of colors and fabrics in their various coaches too.  I hadn't thought of printing seat covers.  'Can't wait to see how that well it works.

KC

I finished up the observation car. The ink jet vinyl stuck on the seats well, did not do them all. The 1/32 figures fit pretty well, had to trim a few  little. Observation car seats are different, the other MTH cars have angled seats. I never saw that layout in any trains I rode. Might change one to a regular coach, I have a lot of Great Trains seats, they are 1/32 so might work well, but maybe I'm getting crazy? Probably

post-49-0-04801900-1450023531_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For this Santa Fe coach I cut off the molded seats and put down some carpet(wife had this net scrap).  I had some Great Trains passenger seats and will glue them in. Coaches I ever rode in had this type of seating, not the angled seating MTH put in it's cars.

MTHseatChange.JPG

Now that's REAL detail,  great work Jerry.    And if as you said no one comes to see it, you still have the satisfaction of doing it and knowing it is there,  KEEP ENJOYING THE HOBBY.   

Nick get back to work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, since you are talking about painting interiors on coaches...has anyone removed the exiting seats in the LGB Amtrak cars and put in 1/29 scale seats? and if so, where did you get the seats? Thanks, Ralph M.