My Web Site's MTH page.

Jerry B44

I've been a MTH for a long, long time... many criticized the 1:32 for quite awhile.  Where else can you get a whole package: DCS--total control, sound, smoke, lights etc. in the unit!

My roster is varied and I can run the Bachmann oldies, 1:29 GP units, or 1:32.  

Enjoy, enjoy...

MTH is what has gotten me back into trains.  Them and Raymond, The MTH King.  When I got into G scale in the early 80s, I longed for American models and assumed that they would be done in 1:32.  I put my trains away at the time that the first 19th century steam models were coming out and missed the whole American revolution, until now.  Everything I am interested in has probably come out within the past 15 years. 

My only real complaint about MTH is that I can't buy what I want, when I want.  This is actually a good thing though.  Otherwise, my bank account would be short many thousands of dollars!

Once again, I love your layout.  You and your wife have put together something special.

KC

• 5 months later...

Great site jerry and it puts things right about scale and performlance of MTH locos. It is beggining to dwindle down on many forums that the MTH mechanicals are reliable for long enjoyment of your product. This has not always been the case from other manufacturers. Metal gears, bearings, good motors flywheels and the DCS system of regulation give fantastic  advantages over most of the competition. They haul long trains over steep gradients (steep by prototypical standards where anything over 2% was considered uneconomical) and on wide radius curves.This in turns makes our trains look real. Great layout with good curves good scenic potential don't necessarily need to have a complex track plan, most railroads spend huge sums symplifying their track charts to save money on maintenace, nowadays. They will keep the complexity however only if the trafic justifies it. Of course if you run a layout with 4% grades do what the Moffat road did put two mallet at the point, followed by ten cars then another two mallets in the middle and another cut of ten cars then another two mallets shoving in the rear+ the bobber. it could go up that with say 8' or 9' radius curves, but it was a very special company and running it was sheer terror for the heroic crews! You won't strip your gear then for sure! Enjoy your trains folks!

Sheesh, you seem biased towards those tiny scaled engines!

Just kidding. I take a lot of flak myself for running one gauge stuff. Some guys think that bigger means better. G scale has been all over the place in size offerings. I really wish I could buy all one gauge modern.