GR Ball brg wheels?

enginear joe

So I have four cars with the Gary Raymond BB wheels and they do roll great. They have too sharp edges that seem to pick switches sometimes. They also loose their spacing and I was told to add glue. So here's the crazy thing. I'm looking for more!

Where do you get the GR wheels from? I'd like to get some that have BBrgs and electrical pickups too. I'm not really sure which model of wheels to buy. Does some dealer carry the line or do they only come direct?

I got mine direct from Gary, just call him is the best way, I think. Can email, but you  can't order off his web site, not set up that way. I usually send a check. I put them on my passenger trains and have had no problems. I also have them on my Pioneer Zephyer.    His site come up on a search.

http://www.audiomobiles.com/trains/pricelist.html

I think so.If you are careful, you can remove the plungers and solder the wire from the GR axle to the box that held the plungers. That way you can still use the plug on it. Just remove it from the trucks and you can take it apart and you'l see what I mean.  I was going to put a plug between the cars so they all worked together, but decided it was too much work!  I only did one truck on each car, since I'm cheap. Left the plungers on the other truck, works fine with no flickering and I cut the drag in half.

I rebuilt my car's lighting using Chuck's post and there is absolutely no flicker. In fact, you can watch the lights dim out, when you shut off the power.

I'm always interested in lowering drag though. I think some guys make their trains work harder than they should. I've seen a lot of abuse buying used engines.

I'd like all my rolling stock to have steel wheels, metal trucks for weight, and ball bearings for smooth easy rolling.....and KD's of course.

I'm installing ball bearings in all my USA 1/29 rolling stock. I wish MTH would use metal trucks too.

I don't think you're cheap when you figure out the extra cost per car times how many to do.