MTH DCS Wifi & App - Troubleshooting steps / Support / Feedback / Issue reporting

Rayman4449

27 minutes ago, DualRailTrail said:

Having a bit of a problem myself.

Using iOS and just updated to the premium app and updated the Tiu to ver 6. Here are 2 issues I’m having.. First as mentioned before, I cant move inactive engines or lash ups to active. Because I’m using iOS there is no arrows but the hamburger deal. I can drag the item up to active but it does not stay and  snaps back to inactive.. and secondly, the speed control does not stay at a certain mph value, you can click up to say 2 mph for example but then after that the speed drops to zero automatically. This happens when dragging the needle on the speedometer to a certain speed when you remove your finger, it returns to zero.. the engines on the track do move, but then stop when speed is back to zero..

ive tried restarting app, cycling power on tiu and wiu.. any suggestions? Sry if this was answered already and I missed somewhere.  Thanks 

Quick note, do you have the TIU updated to v6.00 or v6.10?  6.10 is the latest version and one issue I am seeing from folks is where their app is updated to the latest version but running outdated DCS firmware on the TIU.  These latest updates, 5.00, 6.00 and 6.10 all have updates for the DCS app and you need to run the latest to ensure correct operation.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Rayman4449 said:

Quick note, do you have the TIU updated to v6.00 or v6.10?  6.10 is the latest version and one issue I am seeing from folks is where their app is updated to the latest version but running outdated DCS firmware on the TIU.  These latest updates, 5.00, 6.00 and 6.10 all have updates for the DCS app and you need to run the latest to ensure correct operation.

Yes sorry, it’s the most recent ver as I downloaded from mth site today. And I just purchased the premium app last night and when I check for updates it tells me it’s up to date.. and shows v3.0.1 on app settings page. I used DCS downloader v5.0.0 to install DCS 6.1...

1 hour ago, enginear joe said:

Make sure your app version is 3.0.1 build 47. The build might not display on IOS devices.

There were flaws that were fixed with this build. The previous 3.0.0 would not run lash-ups.

This is the first I've heard of your problems. I will keep an eye out for more solutions.

I would also think that if the app does not see the member engines of the lash-up, it will not allow it to be active. ( I have not tried this.)

Do each of the engines run when called on with the app?

Yes the lash up runs when it’s created and the engines run separately. But no movement of course like I mentioned, and when they go inactive I have to go to add mth engine and then go back and the engine will be active.. it’s an obvious glitch.. just not sure how to fix.. oh and I don’t see builds on iOS. I am running an old iPad..,maybe it’s too old?

I don't use IOS so I haven't seen that myself. With the flaws in the last release, maybe something else got changed or overlooked with the IOS version?

Right in the app there's a support tab that will let you message MTH directly when connected to your house router.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added two DCS Wifi App bugs I have discovered when using today.  Both of these have been reported to MTH for testing.

- Lash-up & Engine name change (DCS Wifi App bug) (3/10/18):  

• If you create a lash-up and then later attempt to rename an individual engine (used in that Lash-up) with the App/Remote, the next time you go to select and startup that Lash-up, the DCS App will automatically change the name of the engine back to the original name the engine had when the Lash-up was created.  The work-around is if you change the name of an engine in the App that is also in a Lash-up, you will need to also delete the Lash-up and recreate it. 

- Lash-up engines not responding to commands (DCS Wifi App bug) (3/10/18):

• Engines other than the lead engine in a lash-up may not respond to commands when you start a lash-up.  The work-around for this is to manually move all engines back to Active, that are automatically moved to Inactive when you select/startup a Lash-up.  Moving all the Lash-up engines to Active will ensure they will respond.