Lionel GP9 roof hatch wanted

Hi there, I recently aquired and detailed a Lionel GP9 into a crediteable model of a Pennsy GP7  or EFP 15 in PRR parlance. ( see my post in the locomotive section in Milwaukee GP9) I need, to finnish the job, a roof hatch with the two smal 36 scale inch fans to replace the single large 48 scale inch fan roof hatch on the cab side. Living in France I have absolutely no chance of finding one, let even a large scale Lionel GP9 here.  I would be happy to swap one roof hatch with the large 48" fan and the supercharged exhaust for one with the two small fans for those who might want to model one of the later GP9s (actually the case of the 7151 prototype which the Lionel model is supposed to reproduce which sported roof hatches with one large fan) . If possible a Pennsy one would be ideal as I would not have to match paint but I can repaint if this is not available. To remove the roof hatches just push on the two locking tabs from the inside of the body shell and they pop out. A great big thanks for any help as this is really impossible to find over here.

Are these the fans you need? (2) 36" and (1) 48"?  As usual I do not sell to people on this forum.  The only thing you pay for is shipping.  Let me know if you want them. Larry

Sorry for the scan instead of a picture, but the camera in the shop.

post-66-0-13293500-1452644543_thumb.jpg

Hi Larry:

Yes these are the twin 36 inch fans, the blue ones on top, that would be great as, so far, I haven't found any. It would be the only thing I need now to make a very legitimate model of the GP7 out of this nice little Lionel I found, for my "Valpo dummy" which was PRR slang for the Valparaiso local.  I will gladly pay for the shipping or any expense that you incur.

Thanks very much for your help and happy new year,

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi fellow modelers.

Just to show you how good this forum is, I thought that I would paste a photo of the GP7 done the way I wanted to do it; thanks to Larry's beautiful hatch which he sent me and that I fitted along with a few modifications to the Dynamic brake blister to reveal the engine exhaust. + paint to darkgreen loco enamel.post-50-0-82539500-1454888160_thumb.jpg

And of course a big thanks to Larry! Without his help I don't think it would have been possible.

Simon

Simon, a really sweet GP7. I think Gary Raymond would be very proud of it and I hope he saw your post. Just think, people are still using his GP7 article almost 20 years after in was published in Fine Scale Modeler. I'm glad I was able to help. Larry

Hi Larry,Yes I sent him photos of it I am in comunication with him off and on since I ordered some of his wheel sets. He also helped me get into contact with Garry Siegel (of Santa Cruz division of the Southern Pacific pike), because when I wrote an article on realistic operation and track planning for it, for the G1MRA newsletter I wanted to put a photo of this quite incredible pike in it and needed to contact Garry Siegel to ask him if he minded if I use a photo of his track in my article. Those articles are real gems for us working in 1/32 scale. The article should come out soon now and  alas, without those photos because the editor says photos found on the internet don't print well... So I tell readers to look it up on you tube instead, it's worth it. Anyways thanks for your fantastic help. Simon