New Daylight Coaches first run.

Jerry B44

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:56 PM, Jerry B44 said:

The new Daylight coaches I got from Ray on a pre-order. First time to run them. Two have passengers inside, and the observation car has curtains. I sure like the looks of this train, usurping my UP ones!

DaylightCarsFirst.JPG

Like the curtain look adds a lot, I didn't have any material but the LGB coaches had transparent curtains printed on the windows so I used highlighters to color them which added color but is was see through, thanks for the share, Bill

observation car curtains.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Did not see this till now Mike. Just a piece of 14" plywood with a piece on each side of the bottom to clear the tracks/ties. Couple of uprights that I connect with a piece of dowel. Stirp of wood down the center of the top a little narrower than wheel spacing. I sit it on the track and pull the loco out some to rest on the cails a little, then Pull out the carrier. I don't roll it all out. On the Daylight you have to be real careful since that front piece sits so low.  I screw some velcro strips on at key positions so I can strap it down without damaginr anything.

LocoCarrier.JPG.e1be35701f0481a001aab80806fd87ee.JPG

LocoCarrierBB.JPG.f0b78662c661c13dff0028280af6b03b.JPG

Used to use little bunji's but the velcro works better.

• 1 year later...

• 4 weeks later...