USA Figures work great.

USA figures work great in the MTH cars, fit the seats well and mostly quite a bit better paint job than the ones off ebay. One figure was zombie flesh, so I painted over that..  I got two packs from a guy. R311 Set #2 and R310 set #1.   I like figures in my cars. Did have one leftover of the Chinese standing figures, put him in one of the doors looking out, I remember doing that on the trains. So might think about that also.

post-49-0-77825500-1456502935_thumb.jpg

Those are the right ones that I used. They fit great in those little MTH seats. I sand off the bottoms and lower back some and hot glue them in.  I did have to trim a foot off here and there. Easier to put in than those from China. THey need more sanding on the figures to fit in, plus the paint is not very good. Realistically though casual viewing in a car on the track you can't see any detail. Just the outline of them inside makes the cars look better, I think. A set per car is not bad, scattering them around to the seat where you can see them best through the window.  Wish I would have had them for my dome car I made from a MTH coach.

• 4 years later...

Thanks Jerry for this posting (in 2016) about people that fit in MTH cars.  I'm new to g scale (2019) and had been trying to find figures that fit in MTH cars.  On ebay when I search for 1/32 figures all this stuff from China or Hong Kong kept coming up and when I ordered them they didn't fit in the seats and were clearly not 1/32.  I think they are 1/29 or maybe slightly bigger and were dishonestly marketed in separate auctions as either 1/25, 1/29 or 1/32 even though they are literally the same thing.

Now that I know the USAT figures fit in the seats I'm going to order me some.  Looks like there are some for sale on ebay.  Thanks also for pointing out I should expect to have to sand a bit to get them to fit.

• 1 month later...

Follow up post.  The USAT figures fit great in the MTH passenger cars for me.  At least currently, there seems to be 2 sets of USAT people, a "regular" set which seems to be 1950's-ish, and another set that is specifically labeled 1920's.  The heads of the people and the girth of the people (ie their butts) are larger for the 1920's people, but I found both sets fit in the seats, other than the 1920's figures that have a suitcase next to them.  Overall I prefer the 1950's set which is the set Jerry posted in the pic above, and all of those fit in the MTH seats without mods for me.  I wish USAT had a set of standing figures, especially for around the bar in the observation car., but doesn't seem like they have ever made something like that.

Thanks again Jerry.