ECLSTS 2016

mark_s

The ECLSTS in York PA will be on March 25 and 26 this year.   I am wondering how many of the GSTF denizens will be there.   I will be there with Bridgewerks, along with my Dad, and my wife Sharon.

Stop by and say hello!

I'd like to but this year family is coming up here instead of us leaving.

I saw your table at York in the fall and chatted for awhile. Maybe with you? It is great to have contact directly like that.

I wanted to chat with several people and did not. I think I saw Rob from RLD who I've never met but have bought from over the years.

My girl gets bored too quick. I wish I could relocate for the weekend by myself!

I would have spent a few thousand extra if I went solo last time. I saw an Accucraft K4 PRR, several USA deals, etc. etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there first half of the day Friday. Worst attendance I have ever seen. Talked to Scott Polk, he is trying to get some steam locomotives built. Talked to Navin at Crest and looks like the REVO will soon have some new diesel sounds. There was plenty of new (Aristo) Polk track available including Stainless. I picked up two SS wide radius switches for $49.50 each from RLD. It seemed to me because of the shortage of new product that the old stuff is demanding high prices. Picked up an Arito GP-40 for my grandson. There was some new MTH stock for sell. I have always attended both days but not this year. It was really empty, I remember bumping my way through the crowd, this year I could have rolled a bowling ball from one end of the building to the other with out hitting someone.

I would have bought more but could not find what I wanted or could buy it mail order for same price.............Jim

I was there first half of the day Friday. Worst attendance I have ever seen. Talked to Scott Polk, he is trying to get some steam locomotives built. Talked to Navin at Crest and looks like the REVO will soon have some new diesel sounds. There was plenty of new (Aristo) Polk track available including Stainless. I picked up two SS wide radius switches for $49.50 each from RLD. It seemed to me because of the shortage of new product that the old stuff is demanding high prices. Picked up an Arito GP-40 for my grandson. There was some new MTH stock for sell. I have always attended both days but not this year. It was really empty, I remember bumping my way through the crowd, this year I could have rolled a bowling ball from one end of the building to the other with out hitting someone.

I would have bought more but could not find what I wanted or could buy it mail order for same price.............Jim

Thanks for the report Jim! It's too bad it was poorly attended, although with it being Easter weekend I'm not too surprised. I'm glad to hear Scott Polk is working on steam... to me that's the biggest shortage in 1:29th scale. Aristo-Craft steamers are generic, but they are better than nothing. And they are popular for kit-bashing.

I believe the two engines Scott was trying to get manufactured was the Consolidation and Pacific. Seems he is have problems in getting the factory to cooperate. Scott also delivers his track in new packaging that has "POLK" on the box.

Crest is selling Aristo brass rail clamps and metal wheels. Hoping we will see other parts such as smoke units, motor blocks and switch motors.

...............Jim

• 4 months later...