Speed matching

enginear joe

I got a kick out of a post on another forum about how hard it is to get MTH installs to speed match correctly. The poster doesn't know how to do it. So he posts complaints about how tough it is and tries to make up reasons for not liking it.
Anyways it's part of the install. The MTH PS system watches the flywheel and controls the speeds precisely. That means you don't have to be a wizard trying to set speed parameters and speed curves to match. Here's a quick video of an install on a USA trains running with the MTH Challenger. They match up well and can run together in a consist.
https://youtu.be/W10c9FlQkxs

https://youtu.be/W10c9FlQkxs

Whoa, I almost forgot that name. No, it's another similar one.

I find it funny how passionate a few individuals are against MTH. I can't figure out why they won't even look??

Some site their old loyalty to Lionel and won't let go of their belief about that old law suit.

Some site the scale difference, saying bigger is better. Then they state how much they prefer 1/29?? Why don't they run 1/20 ???

Some are just in fear, that there maybe other stuff than the path they chose.

Then, there's just people who bash anything.

I read another post from a basher ( a friend of the above group) and he eludes that he doesn't like any of that new fangled electronic stuff. I wonder how the dinosaurs survived? ( he uses that image as his picture)