Layout on a wood Deck?

jasbooks

I am just getting into G scale, I have a couple of LGB switcher engines, a larger Aristocraft engine plus several cars.  I recently purchased 100' of used Aristocraft track.  I would like an outdoor layout and I am thinking of putting the layout on  a wooden deck that is next to a vegetable garden which was once the site of an above ground pool.  The deck is in good shape, and after allowing for space to get around the layout I have an area 8X18 to work with.  I'm thinking that I should lay down marine plywood on the deck and then a roadbed for the track.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  

I agree with Joe that is the question to me as well do you really want a dedicated foundation/roadbed under the track or would you be ok with just laying down on the deck directly.  If you're ok with the appearance could just lay directly on the deck wood itself.

Thank you for the replies.  The deck is pressure treated and there is a small space between each board. I'm thinking about putting down marine grade plywood with roofing tar paper under it. I would put some sort of sealer on the plywood before I put down the roadbed. Winters here in Northern KY aren't too bad.