Dallee sound choice for RS3

Neil Robinson

I've been asked to fit a new Dallee "Hi Line" sound unit In an Aristo RS 3 and, as a Brit, I have little knowledge of U.S. locos' details.

I'd appreciate help choosing the most appropriate sound options.

The loco is a Rio Grande example, road number 5205, which I understand existed in real life.

There is a choice of two Alco prime mover sounds, a road loco or a switcher. I believe the RSs are Road Switchers so I'm confused!

There is a choice of ten horn sounds. Five Leslies, A-200, S-3, S-3K, S-5, and S-5T. Also three Nathans, K-3, K-5L and P-5 together with a Webco E-2 and a Hancock Air Whistle. Which of these is closest to what the Rio Grande would have specified?

Regarding the bell there is only one Alco bell a "CNW". I can't see a bell on the Rio Grand model, would it have had one?

The only Dallee sound board I had, I sold off. It had good sounds. I believe it was for an EMD SD40 series. I used it with a NCE decoder for motor control. I could select different horns if I remember correctly? I see a large # of bells (5) on the horns, but they may have been upgraded?
I would only guess that an RS3 should have a bell for warning. I don't see one though!
Sorry, I can't help you much.
The real train sites could help U better. I ask them questions sometimes and also find answers with searches.