Reading FA-FB-FA Set.....

John,

Did you post somewhere as to which company made the trains?

Thanks,

Larry G.

Hi Larry,

To tell you the truth, I didn't know anyone except Aristo-Craft made these, but these are Aristo-Craft, although they aren't marked that anywhere that I can see, like I mean anywhere....

They have the swing, underbody-mounted couplers with the articulated connection between the coupler head and the arm.

Thanks.

Hi Larry,

To tell you the truth, I didn't know anyone except Aristo-Craft made these, but these are Aristo-Craft,

Thanks John. Remember, my joining the forum lowered the previous common demominator when posting material. Your knowledge of that was way above my level. I'm so new at G Gauge that the water dripping from behind my ears frequently shorts my transformer. :)

Oh no no no, Larry...I guarantee you sooner or later somebody who knows more than both of us put together is going to come up with a manufacturer other than REA Aristo-Craft who produced FA-1s. There's nothing a g-scaler likes more than knowing something somebody else doesn't!!!

If you want this set it would be a really nice addition. I've never seen the Reading Railroad livery before on this set, but I know the real Reading Railroad has FAs because I've seen the pictures!

I'm not trying to talk you into anything....in fact, the slower you go in the beginning buying stuff the better off you will be. Save yourself a lot of headache and money and don't be like most of the rest of us who have WAY too much stock, especially when we start out.

Ha!

TOO LATE!!!

I just spent two days at ECLTS and spent a bunch of money mostly on MTH stuff and now I'm spent. (That's spent to the 3rd power)  LOL

Believe me I totally understand.....I wish they had a show like that out here in the Colorado Mountains, but considering the amount of stuff I have, I'm glad they don't!!

• 7 months later...