4th Danish gauge 1 fair

If you're in Denmark in the middle of november, you may consider attending the 4th Danish gauge 1 fair.

Once again the fair takes place in the small town of Ferritslev on the island of Fyn (Funen), and once again it's arranged by a friend of mine, Stefan Hupfeldt.

Details are still scarce, but as Stefan's own layout is now stationary, that one is not participating. A new club has announced its participation, but I don't know much about it yet.
There will be modular club layouts and dealers and pretty much what could be seen at the fair in 2014 - plus whatever has happened in the two years since then. I for one will need to turn my attention to the scratch built guard's van ...

We expect a lot of Nohabs to roam the layouts and hopefully I can add some GM roar from my F7s.

Jens

Video from 2014:

Video from 2012: 

There's no specs as such.

The first two layouts shown in the 2012 video are made by a woodfitter. The modules are stackable in a very clever way and two people can set up or dismantle an entire layout in a very short tine.
Other layouts are custom made to no particular standard. The largest layout in the videos belongs to my club, and although modular, that layout is a monster to move from place to place.

The trouble is that a permanent gauge 1 layout requires a lot of space, and the rent for such space is more than most clubs can handle. Especially in the larger cities where the club members live. Consequently most layouts are modular and usually in storage or in a smaller workshop, and they only come out to play at the fair and hobby shows.

There is a European modular standard called Fremo32 which defines standard module profiles, but that standard was defined after most of these layouts were started.

Jens

And yes - the Heljan Nohab does sound pretty cool. A German review of the prototype suggests that you should buy the model for the sound alone :)
The model is a joint effort by Heljan and ESU, and along with Heljan, ESU is selling the Nohabs in their Pullman product line. It will have some cool features like automatic curve squeal and "sparks" from the brake shoes when slamming the brakes.

The Nohabs are of course shipping with the ESU flagship decoder - LokSound XL v4. The same as I'll be fitting into my MTH F7s once they get here.

Jens

• 5 months later...

• 1 month later...