MTH Hudson question

markoles

Hi guys,

A while back, I traded a locomotive for a stripped out MTH Hudson.  I'm having an issue when I run it, however.  When I am running through Aristo wide radius turnouts (trailing points), the sliders drop down between the rails and jam.  Obviously, the gauge is a little wide there.  Should I attempt to correct the gauge or should I remove the sliders?  Also, I note that the lead drivers do not fully touch the rails, and again, I suspect the sliders are the culprit.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

I just had this happen with the big Aristo switches. I just bent the shoe parallel with the rail as Jim mentioned, and it cured the problem for me. The sliders were pointed down ever so slightly. It was just enough to catch the frog's point.

I just bought an MTH Hudson on Ebay, and yes, at some time, it was shipped by UPS, because the lead truck was broken and the stud, part of the frame was also busted, no other damage.  I glued the stud back with CA and bought another lead truck, 25.00 plus 7.75 shipping.  They did take note and made the connect loop, which is plastic, thicker and stronger, so that is good.  The CA worked well, but I will still remember to pick it up by the wheels and not the boiler.  I will solve the slider problem, I am going battery with the Hudson. Bob.

Mine is all smashed up. It even needed new boards. She runs great now. I still need to get parts to finish her. No front cow catcher on mine makes her look naked!

I got a Lionel one that may fit? She is the best smoking 1 gauge steamer I have. That moves her way up my "like" list!

I put the PS3 in my Hudson, and a upgraded speaker that Ray sells. Improved the sound for sure. I also installed pickups in the tender, ran the wires up to the trailing truck, which also has pickups. Ray has all the parts. Hudson is easy to take apart, one screw up under the front truck and two in the back and the whole boiler/cab comes off the drive train. Daylight is the same. I put the upgraded speakers in all my steam tenders.