Southern Pacific Daylight 4449

Rayman4449

• 1 month later...

Great idea! 

Here's a few more...

SP_4449.Portland.10.1971.MEH.small.jpg

A very young Doyle McCormack is spotted in this one...he's kneeling on the ground watching the pilot truck. Oh and btw I'm a very big fan of the BN Cascade Green & White paint scheme!

SP_4449_BN_Hoyt_St_Portland_OR_1974_PS_900.jpg

Well MTH made the SP Daylight and 3rd Rail recently released the AC9 in O scale (among others)

http://www.3rdrail.com/images/SPAC9PU.pdf

so that maybe the next big thing if MTH goes deeper into G scale?

I'd prefer an Allegheny but there are others out there.

I just got the American Freedom  MTH G scale and the grandkids said I need the daylight. Urrggg.

Well one was into trains and now he's getting older. He faded away but still has some interest. The youngest one says he wants to be an train engineer when he grows up. I taped the show last Thanksgiving about the ride threw Alaska. I had hoped he would watch so he'd understand a bit more about what an train engineer does. He's too young and has too much energy to sit and watch the video. So I expect he too will loose interest as he grows. If any of them end up like me, maybe when they grow older they'll remember trains and have the spark to remain in the hobby. There's too much else in life right now, for kids to watch a train go around in circles. One has that spark in his eyes and the other had it, so I hope it will remain a good memory when I'm long gone.