No WIU Microphone or Protocast Features

John Carmichael

I don't see the microphone (Proto-Dispatch) feature on any of the WIU app screens.

While using my android cell phone with WIU app I tried to activate the Proto-Dispatch by pressing the WIU app Protocast "button" and talking into the phone.  I was hoping that it would transmit my voice to the locomotive like the mic feature of the old hand-held MTH remote.  The loco became silent and I couldn't hear my voice coming from it.  Apparently the Protocast function does nothing on the WIU- or does it? 

Am I doing something wrong or is Proto-Dispatch a feature that MTH will add with a WIU software update?   Will it use the phone's microphone or a separate microphone pluged into the TIU? Will the Protocast feature work with digital sound files saved on a cellphone or tablet?

Have any of you used the Protocast feature or found the Proto-Dispatch feature?

thanks in advance,

John

MTH has not yet released the premium version of the wifi app.   So will need to wait till then to have access to the full features normally associated with a DCS Remote.  I don't have any details on the specific implementation of those features so I can't comment.