Bad News

July 25th, 2016

Dear Crest Electronics Customers,

We have made a good product, but have not developed sufficient additional items to allow us to cover our overhead. I have devoted the past 2 ½ years to try to make this venture successful and failed.

We will be closing as of 7-31-16 and I will look for a day job. In the meantime, you can mail any repairs to me at my home at 74 Williams Ave., Jersey City, NJ 07304 and I will do the necessary repairs after my day job. However, I can’t do free warranty repairs, so call me in advance for a quote and send a check with the repair plus return shipping costs. The phone number of my portable will remain the same at 201-565-6069, though it will be better to reach me in the evenings.

It’s been a pleasure to serve you and I look forward to a long time of keeping your equipment in tiptop shape.

Yours truly,

Navin Shievdayal
CREST Electronics

Railboss 4 is an excellent replacement for the Crest Train Engineer (Revolution).  I had a feeling this would happen so I replaced my old Crest Train Engineer with the trackside radio controlled Railboss 4 about a year ago. Railboss 4 also makes an excellent on board receiver for battery operation.

Thanks John,

Just checked them out. The receiver board looks a bit large and I will miss the plug n play for Aristo and Bachmann Loco's. I think I will try two on-board receivers with one transmitter as a test...................Jim

Bachmann has EZ App bluetooth wireless for their train line. Why would they produce a Crest product? And I think it's the other way around...that is Crest/ Revo was designed to interface with Bachmann's DCC port...or any DCC port.

Because it is an existing proven system.

We don't need another totally different type of system with the way the economy has hurt this hobby.

I'm not sure the present EZ App could handle the G-Scale power requirements and/or the distances.

Presently, I'm just trying to keep my stuff running.

Has anyone noticed that USAT is not well stocked.

Wholesale trains does not carry USAT and minimal Bachmann.

.................Jim

I'm absolutely in love with my Railboss 4 radio controls (both the trackside and the battery ones)- for non-MTH engines only!   The MTH and Railboss 4 don't play well together. 

http://www.gscalegraphics.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

To summarize quickly:

The little keychain style remotes are a pure joy to use.  They are so small and comfortable in your hands and can fit in my shirt pocket, yet they do so much with only six buttons.  You won't miss having a remote screen. Their range is much longer than Crest and the signal is more powerful and can even go tough a double brick wall.  The trackside receiver is slightly smaller than Crest and doesn't need a fan or antenna.  The boards are easily programmable with many great features including acceleration & deceleration control and station stops. 

The on board battery setup is a breeze with their battery conversion module: http://www.gscalegraphics.net/store/c5/Battery_Conversion_Modules.html

Station stops can be programmed into both the trackside and battery versions.  I love these since they take away the monotony of just going round and round without stopping.

You can connect your existing sound system (in my case-Phoenix) to the Railboss boards allowing you to activate bells and whistles with your remote.  My old Train Engineer couldn't do that!  And it's less expensive than Crest was.

But there is something really cool it does with the battery version if you have it in two engines- The Multi-Train Feature.  Both engines run at the same time and both stop at the station either randomly or on each pass- and the trains NEVER collide with each other.  It works almost as if by magic.  This is because the boards in both engines "talk" to each other and each engine "knows" where the other engine is.  The boards are actually transmitters and receivers and communicate with each other.  Seeing this in action is almost hypnotizing!  It uses the same track magnets as my Phoenix Sound does.

Here is a video a guy took that shows this amazing feature on his layout. http://www.gscalegraphics.net/videos.html

VERY COOL!

If interested in these, be sure to read the well-written on line manuals. http://www.gscalegraphics.net/manuals--documents.html