Making a MTH Dome Car

• 1 month later...

I've finally made more progress on my dome car. Took some figuring and getting other projects done.

The one shows the piece, checking on fitting on the cut(gulp!) roof. It fit fine.

The passenger tub has a bracket to fit onto the holes for the clear plastic of the dome car. I plan to use some window tint on it, since it was rather scratched up.

The single picture shows the windows in and the roof glued together. Still some fitting/filing/finishing to do.

post-49-0-58602400-1369195379_thumb.jpg

post-49-0-94670800-1369195526.jpg

I've been waiting to see what you came up with and I must say, "very nice"!  You won't see many a vista dome on a MTH Gauge #1, LOL!  Let's hope MTH see this!!

Joe

• 11 months later...

Regardless, it still looks good.  Whenever that I can use a part, I will do it, I am not proud, most of my molds were made prior to anyone making much in 1:32, but now, wow, there is lots of 1:32 for me to kitbash.  Bob.