NSWL 3 axle trucks

todsmods

Hi  im starting  a scratchbuilt  locomotive  and i need  3 axle  trucks  i was looking  at  the  the NSWL 3 axle  trucks  for the project  as aristocraft  ones are not available  anymore  are these trucks  any good this is a picture  of the  locomotive  im building 

B-Class-OG--w495h205--cr--w444h205.jpg

Yeah those 1:29 USA drives would be a bit big. The truck frames in your picture look almost like the SD40-2 Flexi-Coil design. Too bad you can't get ahold of some MTH 3 axle trucks with all metal gears.

I also am happy  to  go to 1/29 if i have to ive used the usa trains  motor blocks before and they do run smoother  than Aristocraft im going to laser cut  my own  truck  side frames  any one  know  a good place to get the usa 3 axle  trucks  from i run minimum  20ft curves  on my railway  and would  fix the 3rd pivoting  axle  solid. the axle  spacing   I need from  center  to center  of  the two outer axles  is 145mm or close to +-5mm i think the trucks im after are on the SD40 -2

Tod, the NWSL 3 axle trucks are the ones that I used on my E8 and they work very smooth.  The ratio is 25:1, so they will run smoothly at slow speeds, I like them and they are 1:32 for an E8. The spacing of the outside axles is 5.25 inches. Bob.