1/32 scale Victorian Railways B class locomotive

todsmods

Hi  guys i have now started  this project  a 1/32 scale  Victorian Railways B class locomotive .

I have  started  on the 3 axle  trucks  and  laser cut  side frames.

I dug around  in my spares box and found  2 lionel G scale  motor  trucks .

They were  too short  for  the locomotive  so i cut them in half  and lengthen  them and added  a 3rd center  dummy axle so it will be powered  A1A +A1A .

Ill be using battery  power  and  rc and will have  4 motors to drive  her along.

Here are some pics of th3 cut and lengthened trucks  and  the laser  cut  side  frame parts.

1473736669810.jpg

1473736889444.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Tod.  I sent the windshield frames, sorry about the bubbles, almost impossible to pour without bubbles, but they can be repaired and allow about two weeks for delivery.  Also, the glass for the sides might be different than you want to use, but there is extra plastic to use for your installation.  Here is a picture on how I do it, provides a little ventilation too. Bob.

IMG_0581.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Loco sides  now glued  in position  electronics fitted  now time to start  drawing  up  parts  to laser cut  for the locomotives roof and need to find something  that will  work  for the  roof  mounted  radiator fans

20160923_122715.jpg

Yes the same fans i only  need  one as ill use  some  sillercone  moulding  putty  to make  duplicates i need 6 in total  and am thinking  about  fitting  6 tiny  working  fans in them like computer  ones

Tod, let me know if you have found the fans, If you haven't, let me know and I will make you a mold, I won't take the time if you have found some, let me know, I couldn't find my fans, so I will copy the MTH fan and shroud. Bob.

• 2 weeks later...

Tod, I finished the mold and made two parts.  The picture shows that the dome on the fan shroud has a large bubble.  That is caused by the top mold, when put on the bottom mold, automatically has air in it, so when the plastic is displaced when the top mold section is put on top, the air is caught in the top mold.  I haven't corrected that because I will leave that to you.  There are several ways to overcome that inherent problem.  The first would be to drill a hole in the top mold so that there is somewhere for the plastic to go.  Then you would have to grind and shape the dome of the shroud.  Another way would be to pre fill the top part of the mold with slightly setup plastic and then turn it over and place it on the lower mold.  Then there wouldn't be any air caught. Maybe over fill the bottom part with plastic and when you put the top part on it, bend the top part of the mold and roll it on the bottom part.  Maybe you can come up with another way, I will leave that up to you. I will be sending the mold out tomorrow, Bob.

IMG_0669.JPG