Shark B kit from the UK

Jerry B44

I got an A unit a few years back from Rob Fern, he did 25 of them. Jonathan used the same company for the etchings.  You can see my building of the A unit on my web page, click on the projects button and a list will come up.SharkGrillb.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I got the kit today from the UK. Totally blown away at how crisp and clean it is and the work that went into it.  I think I should send him more money!  Will wait till I'm through with the E before I start on it.

Here is Jonathan's web site of items he offers. Some Aristo motor blocks available, some sold out though.

http:// http://www.g-bits.co.uk

• 2 months later...

I got the Shark B unit done. Best kit I've ever bought, so well engineered with all sorts of thoughtful parts and ease of assembly.  Even some that match up to the tabs on top of the Aristo motor blocks to attach them to the custom made frame Jonathan had made for the B units, even did one for a guy's A.  The whole thing bolts together with the bolts you see above, even has a metric wrench to help out

Nice guy to work with and VERY helpful and good at answering emails. He has some other things planned but will probably get orders, then have it cast instead of building it up as he did with the B.  Too cold outside to try it out, but did well inside. The two line up well with each other, thanks to his planning.  Yellow stripes are vinyl left over from my A unit build, as were the decals that Stan made.  It is track powered and has no sound, not sure I'll add it or not. Good to have a quiet train, since I live near the main UP line in Nebraska and hear trains a LOT! The D&H passenger cars all have Gary Raymond ball bearing pickups, so no problem with smooth running. Engines also pick up the power and share it.  Only 11 outside, 40's next week so I may get it out then.

sharkbdone-jpg.218164

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to get out and run the Sharks with the D&H cars. They are wooden ones made by a Nebraska modeler for a restaurant in a small Nebraska town where Burlington crews would change. Cafe finally closed and I was able to buy the wood train, still have the engine and tender in the barn. They even had wooden trucks!  I put Great Trains trucks on with Gary Raymond ball bearing pickups on, so they feed into the engines, makes for smooth running.  I did the decals, they are laser ones.  The Burlington ones he did were about worn off, left the silver paint.AharkAbPsgr.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking train Jerry.  Those engines almost look like one of a kind, bet there aren't many of those running around, looks good.  Wooden passenger cars?  I would like to know more about those, they look fantastic, show us more of those. Bob.