What is this???

Good day all! I am new here. I have a few pieces of G Scale that I am trying to identify and hopefully sell to someone who needs them.

I am very new to the train world, and am helping to move pieces to a new home.

Could someone identify what this is and what is a fair price and I will move it over to the selling area....

Thanks so much in advance,

LynneB

leh1.jpg

leh2.jpg

leh3.jpg

Boy I have come to the right place for this conversation! WOW fast answer. I will have to go back and look and see if I can find the gondola cars but I have no idea what the power adapter would look like.

Thank you for that answer! 

2 hours ago, dieseldude said:

The power adapter is the "wall wart" type.  I believe it is 14 to 18 volts DC.

Kevin, I just looked up wall wart. I think there was a bag of these that I may have inadvertently tossed. Groan. I am VERY new to this. I see they are available on the Inet, thank goodness.

Sometimes you can find a suitable one that was once used to power another device (maybe from an old answering machine or other electronic gear).  Of course there's always Radio Shack- if there's any of them left nearby.  Best of luck to you.

-Kevin.

Kevin,

Today I searched for the missing gondola cars, and couldn't find them, BUT there are about 100 boxes I have to go thru. 

This train thing is really really interesting! Thank you for the information I may have more questions at a later time since

I am at a loss with most of this stuff.

Lynne

7 hours ago, dieseldude said:

No problem.  Good luck with your gondola search.  If you have any more questions, this forum is full of information and some real knowledgeable people.

Kevin,

Guess what I found today???????????????

rigi.jpg

Yes! Yes! Now with the pieces together except for the power adaptor, What is this worth? I would love to move it at a fair price. The metal pieces are heavy, I don't know if it will be worth it to ship?

11 hours ago, LynneB said:

Yes! Yes! Now with the pieces together except for the power adaptor, What is this worth? I would love to move it at a fair price. The metal pieces are heavy, I don't know if it will be worth it to ship?

I'm not sure what it is worth.  A complete (with power adaptor) unit would be better.  Hard to tell if it works or not without the power adaptor.

You could check eBay pricing but their prices can sometimes be a bit..... unrealistic?

You might also check here  http://marketplace.collector-modeltrains.com  for prices.

-Kevin.