MTH DCS WiFi / Tablet Tech support thread

enginear joe

Well, there's a few more hours wasted. I did now get the ability to upgrade the app for $5. It still does not work. The funny thing is when I open the app, it doesn't show any active engines. So I go to the engine screen and there's no engines. I press new and it cycles with engine #12 in the background where I can't select it. The program comes back with no engines to add. If I try any of the recycling things the #12 is not there anymore.

That's the same result that I had last night before I added all this google stuff. Urrrggg. Glad it works for you guys though.

One thing to do was well, anytime you have problems with the wifi app seeing engines, unplug the USB cable from the USB port on the TIU (you may need to unplug and plug back in a couple times to get the TIU light to go out).  Once the TIU goes out/blinks then plug back in and try again.  

yes, it's up to date. I got it from Ray. My old smart phone works fine with it so I would think the problem is in the Fire's tablet somewhere. This stuff is over my head and frustrating to me. I can easily spend hours and get no where.

I've rebooted everything several times too.

When I have free time to waste, I will try it again.

When I upgraded the app in my old phone, I believe the app stumbled to upgrade the first time. It took a couple of reboots. It appears the pad is updated OK, so I'm guessing it's something blocking it talking to the TIU?

What do I know?.....

Upgraded TIU to 5.0 and hooked up WIFI DCS box this past weekend. Ran trains using an old ASUS 10 inch tablet, Samsung 7 inch tablet and Samsung smart phone. Was able to operate 4 trains simultaneously. Think I'm going to like it..........Jim