V/Line B class 1/32 Refurb

stang81

G’day all,

Greetings from down under.

Long time lurker, first time poster! 

I’ve recently purchased “Tods mods” awesome Vline B class loco from another enthusiast. A project I’ve always wanted to complete but now I’ve managed to obtain this loco I’ll be going ahead and detailing this one up and giving it the TLC it needs (and it needs some!)

Here’s the build thread from Tod back in the day. 

This loco holds significance in my life as it use to operate up and down the local line via our local station at Wallan east on the Seymour line when I was a kid growing up and we use to take this service into to Melbourne for a day out. 

On the to do list: 

• Full repaint/respray in Tangerine livery of the 80s/90s
  • Full detailing of loco to look more correct to period specs (cow catchers, horns , roof detail, paneling, Grills etc etc)
  • Re wiring of motors and lighting and installation of Blunami and speaker set up.
  • Installing cabs at both ends of loco

If anyone has ideas/guidance on the above and suggestions it is greatly appreciated. 

I’d like to know if anyone has done a blunami setup with speaker (s) and how they wired it all up and if anyone knows where to obtain grills for these fine locos. 

Thanks again for looking no again thanks for the help

Cheers

Al 

IMG_8539.jpeg