Still not running 6-20 to 4-23

Arlon

WOW...What a journey.  Your persistence has certainly paid off. i will continue in my efforts to get her back on track and steaming...  Thanks a lot for your efforts..  Your mod to the oiler is also something I will incorporate.

Thanks so much Nick...  One for the books.  I will try my best to get it on the Aristocraft Forum.   Nick, I think I that maybe your Loco is a Gen 1, and mine may be Gen 2 but I am going on and remove this Pilot carrier and see what it gets me.  Here are a couple of Pics.   

Arlon...

DSCF9146.jpg

DSCF9148.jpg

DSCF9149.jpg

Yes the one I disassembled is a Gen I.  Luckily found a brand new unopened Gen II, so have both.  Basically the same.  Big difference in oil consumption with the modification, will know better now that it is starting out clean.  Keep us posted on your progress.  

EDIT:  you may have access to the Allen screws by only removing the front truck and stabilizing bar, the Allen wrenches that have the rounded end are easier. 

I got it pretty well opened up last night. Found the electrical wires smushed up. My plan is to use a brass tube to join the two parts, Sup. Heat. tube togethere. Using silver solder.  I think the S.h. tube was swedged on to the nipple, as that is how the exhaust pipe was done.   Your thoughts?

DSCF9002.jpg

DSCF9003.jpg

DSCF9004.jpg

DSCF9005.jpg

DSCF9006.jpg

Yes, the ends have compression fittings, easier, quicker and in most cases fool proof.   Wiring:  maybe yours was disassembled once before, really looks all jammed up.  I hope not shorted and insulation removed, if so the piping issue will seem like the easy part.