mth dash-8 motor replacement

dinoangelo

hello out there , this is a second attempt on search for replacement motor (rear/ w/black flywheel) as it seems brush holder got to hot (plastic ) of course motor seized up , forget getting it apart (worm gears pressfit? anyhow does anyone have or know where i can get one to replace part# BE2540000 no stock @ mth and no reply to e-mail ,no phone # to contact ,thanks again for any and help in this matter, i guess in theory i could run w/out rear motor in block ,but almost definitley going to affect pulling power if it will run at all, still apart on table hoping to get a replacement motor ,how can they make these and have no spare parts (2017)catalog shipped (2018) i think blah,blah blah, sorry just psd ,only second time ran this engineand already junk 

thanks again dinoangelo

Sorry to hear of your situation. Can you post a pic of the motor? MTH Parts says it's a RS-545 but that's a huge motor and I find that hard to believe. Been quite a few years since I was into a Dash-8 drive. Far as pulling the worms...well good luck as they have them on there tighter than hell! Only thing I can figure is the worms are heated then pressed on. It's the same with the o gauge MTH stuff. Have to cut the shaft between the motor and worm then drive them out which usually bends the punch. 

Yeah motors are tough to find and not only for MTH stuff. Aristo there was none for the Dash-9 for like 10 years. USA Trains was out of stock for a few years with the Hudson. I heard rumors that the Chinese manufacturers are no longer interested in small production runs. If you want a special motor made by Mabuchi and probably Johnson you have to order a minimum of 1,000 units or more. 

Here you go chuck ,not sure where the # they list ,the meanging etc. ,but yeah thats what they list it as ,of course # on actual motor just a manufacturing # i guess ,I was hoping that Ray might have replied, with possible inventory ,thanks for your initial reply, Dinoangelo 1685708310704260370653012270433.thumb.jpg.5c58d4eb88d722fe8b48a5af023603b3.jpg1685708376378414323040025313283.thumb.jpg.15bf395e9a4a8d44f1882e56807a6fe3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've been digging thru boxes of parts that I have and came up with nothing. Those long skinny motors are a bit unique and a Johnson Motor product. All I have here is a 2 axle Dash-8 and those motors are different. 

thanks anyhow , mth said they placed an order but who knows when you might see them , on the wish list ,which after i added i cant nor can they seeit ,next question, your an E8 fan ,what was recommended radius (min), dont wanna dig thru crawl space looking 4 boxes , i thought was 8 min, doesnt really matter now not chg the whole layout, if not 8 ft then i'm stuck with shelf queens , or run by themselves,my issue is ,i have an "s"curve with only 12 "inch straight between apposing curves ,wants to pull trailing car right off the track ,bummer really liked these engines