Dust Covers for G Scale storage

Lawman

I have a few locomotives as well as several pieces of rolling stock sitting on shelves in my "Man Cave".  I've got them covered with plastic sheets but they still get dusty. 

I know Heartland has a few covers for display complete with wooden bases but I don't need anything that fancy.  Just need to try and keep them relatively dust free.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Charles

Just remember there are some things that can interact with the paints on models so just keep an eye on it if you use something other than a fabric.  Obviously models (like MTH) are wrapped in plastic when shipped and I'm sure most if not all are ok, but I do know that model paint can have a reaction to Styrofoam (for instance) when pressed hard against it for a period of time as I've seen it on different models.  I don't know that this is really enough of a general issue to worry about but I do think it's worth mentioning.  

These pics are of my first USA Big Boy that arrived.  The clear plastic wrap wasn't in proper position and the Styrofoam packing was making contact against the boiler and it reacted with the paint:  (you can see the foam imprint in the paint)

post-16-0-29591600-1413412024_thumb.jpg

post-16-0-00980900-1413412026_thumb.jpg

This is one of the reasons I requested a replacement of that engine which USA Trains quickly took care of.

I think in general though a clear plastic is a nice idea because that way you can get some enjoyment actually seeing and looking at the model as with fabric you can't.

I was looking for something along the lines of acrylic boxes that I could just set over them.  I don't care for anything draped over them for the same reason.    Appreciate the suggestions.