LOOKING FOR A NEW DELAWARE AND HUDSON ALCO PA-PA

BrentGroth

While my layout is to feature the trains of Sacramento (Southern and Western Pacific) our traincahollics are looking for the guest appearance of a MTH, gauge one, Delaware and Hudson pair of PA's and their MTH passenger cars.  If anyone out there has some of these, or all of them for sale, I'd appreciate it.

Hi Brent,

Sorry I can't help with your inquiry, but I see you're from two locations including "Pig Turd Alley" in Amador City. Did you take over Bruce's "Little Amador Railway"? I thought it was all sold, but I haven't been out there in a few years. Ten years ago I used to go visit regularly!

I proposed to Bruce at the time of his trying to decide if he should tear it down, or not, a combined effort.  My house is close enough we could have a main line from my place to his and he would concentrate on the small radius trains while I was going to have brass Daylights and Cab Forward citrus blocks coming through on an upper level.  He hesitated and almost canceled the ripping up of the road, but said he wanted to think about it.  Sadly he decided to destroy it. 

My next proposal was to buy all his buildings, but he said he wouldn't separate anything.  I wasn't interested in the mining engines and so we parted.  Next, I heard he had an auction and sold everything one piece at a time.   I wasn't told or I would have bought the buildings, but I guess it wasn't to be.

The final insult was a load of gravel covering what was left of the roadbed and track.  Now it is a parking lot with a couple of cars regularly parked on it.  They come in just north of where the hydraulic mine was. Sad!

i hope to retire to my home out there and build my mainline. Meanwhile I'm looking for a large set of USA California Zephyr cars to go with my Sacramento based layout.

Wow, I'm sad to hear about how this. :( I knew about the sale, but like you I'm more interested in mainline equipment. Bruce actually came early to my first garden railway open house in August 2012 with flyers for his sale, but then left before anyone else got there. I gathered that he was very much done with the hobby.