TEE ... or would that be TAE ... with F7s

On my commute home today I was thinking that once I get my F7s I have no suitable train for it right off the bat, so what will probably happen is that all the guys at the club bring their TEE coaches and we'll make a long TEE Chief or Super TEE or whatever. No cigar, but close. Fun for sure. The Trans America Express.

That got me thinking.

I'm not going to mess with the warbonnets, but what if I got myself one more set of F3s or F7s and painted them in TEE or Rheingold colors?

Imagine ...

4719990085_a2bc0e8633_b.jpg

DB Br103 184-8 by Marco Stellini, on Flickr

6910339124_95affa3996_b.jpg

E 10 1239  with the Rheingold by Patrick Schadowski, on Flickr

Oooooooh ... shiny !!!  B)

Must resist ...

Must resist ...

Jens

Lol...That's kind of a weird combination anyways as the GE Genesis Loco uses Krupp/ Siemens trucks so a DB coach behind fits right in! Actually I bought that Piko car at a great price..just couldn't pass on it! My only question about Piko is that car has plastic wheels and replacement metal wheels are sold by the 3 pack??

I would like to have the Piko TEE as I like that era of styling!

I did have 3 KM ML4000 kits in 1:29 scale...but I sold them :(   

• 2 weeks later...

That certainly looks Rheingold-ish. Very cool. Thanks for the tip  ;)

I'm thinking that maybe eventually I can find a pair of old M&M units that are gathering dust somewhere. They don't have to be runners, as I'll repower them anyway.

The paint scheme would ideally be something like the BR103 above or maybe the E10/BR112:

3363806497_f3bc54f974_z.jpg?zz=1

Emmerich - TEE Rheingold by Roger W, on Flickr

... but I would also like the TEE logo on the front, so maybe the livery of the BR601/602 is better:

6413411949_4ec299f55a_b.jpg

601 019 by wd3203, on Flickr

Still - they've gotta be mighty cheap for me to pounce right now.

Jens

@Chuck: You've mentioned the Piko TEE a few times.

KM-1 has announced a limited re-run of the TEE set. This time as BR602 and Intercity markings, the difference from the BR601 being that the 602 was gas turbine powered.

You will have to sell most of your body parts to get one, but they're coming, they're 1:32 scale and they are candy on rails  B)

Jens