EBT anniversary edition wont go.

Mikronboy

Hi all,

I'm new to G scale. I've just purchased a boxed second-hand Bachmann 10 wheeler via an on-line auction. It appears to be unused and looks to be in excellent condition. I've tried it out on a fully working track but nothing happens, no lights, smoke or movement. I've jiggled the switches in front of the boiler. My main concern is that some parts might have been removed but I've no idea how to look inside. Also I've noticed that an idler arm on the sidebars or valve gear isn't connected to anything.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome.

Do you have any photos of the engine?  (If so include a photo of the bottom of the tender trucks.  The updated 10th anniversary edition had more detailed valve assembly, the older less refined versions had much simpler assemblies. 

It might be flakey power pickups but might require some inspection.  I would remove the bottom plate on the engine itself and inspect the brass power pickups to help ensure they are making proper contact.

What power supply are you using and are you certain you are getting power to the track?