How to use Echo Toys smoke unit in stack ?????

diecasttrucks1983

I just got in the mail an Echo toys G scale steam engine set . It has a smoke unit on it as well .  NOW , I see a tiny hole with a screw which is where I ASSUME you would put the drops of oil into it to make it smoke .  But my question is this how would I go about using this ? How many drops should I put in it and is that even the correct hole for the smoke fluid anyway ?  I do have a lot of questions as you can clearly see.  Will someone who has a lot of knowledge in this field care to explain all of this to me ?  I do not want to mess up this engine ???? I don't know if the seller I got it from put oil in it BEFORE he shipped it or not .  So with that being said , should I run it 2 laps first to see if it starts to smoke and THEN add drops to it ????  Thanks

I'm not familiar with that particular manufacturer or smoke unit, but if you bought from a dealer, most do not test before sending their engines out (I do but am an exception).  I would put the engine on track, make sure smoke is on and run a couple mins to see if any smoke comes out.   If not then add say 4 drops and see if you get smoke and run till it thins out.  You can repeat the fill process and add another drop or so each time till you get to a point where it doesn't produce smoke or smoke output is reduced and know that is the upper limit.  

If you did get smoke first thing after running, then run till smoke output trails off then add a few drops and go again.