LGB 2-4-0 power problem

johnny c

Hello Evwrybody

does anybody have any info on a problem I am having

The loco is a American steam AT&SF 28 from a freight train starter set made in China.  A little rod( looks like a flint from a disposable cigarette lighter) was rattling around.  Took the bottom plate off and a little spring loaded housing popped out.  the broken piece fitted into the housing part.  Each wheel (4) had this, they fit a slot up against the inside of each wheel.  Would this part be a circuit connection as no power is getting to the motor with this cracked piece.  I cannot find a schematic for this locomotive and am in the dark if this is the culprit .  Pardon my ignorance on this but I am new to LGB and the broken part literally jumped out at me.  What is this called and where might I get a replacement?  Thanks in advance-John C @ Petaluma Estates RR         

Hi, If you know the LGB item number for the steam engine you can try here. Or can always call or email them as Axel has always helped me out with parts. :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

https://www.trainli.com/page/lgb-engine-pdf

You can also get a hold of Dan Pierce as he does the repair work for Train-Li if you can find his contact info...sorry but I don't know it.

Hope that helps a bit??