MTH prototype PA off of Ebay

rbrown7713

I bought an MTH loco on Ebay and wondered if anyone has any input as to these models.  It appears to be all there, just made up of different colored parts, and some are clear plastic.  It has a polarity switch, so probably PS2 or PS1, I don't know. So, just thought I would share this with you. Bob.

IMG_1647.JPG

Can't be ps1, right? If polarity switch, has to be PS2 inside or ???. Maybe ps3 first version or nothing at all. That's the trouble with these. I bought some that were RTR, and others were missing stuff.

I think this PA release, was a great value. Heavy, robust, good running and tracking, great pullers, etc. Mine just sit here. I bought an extra slave and never connected it. I wanted a PS3 version. I stopped buying for awhile. Too much invested.

Priority would be the SD70ACes. My favorite.

I have so many engines that they don't all get run each year.

So a PS1 doesn't have a polarity switch?  I am almost sure that this is a PS2 as it was bought at the MTH close of business sale when they shut down and they were testing this engine for future sale.  Oh well, this doesn't matter as this one will end up just  a dummy.  I have another PA and a PB, I just have to decide what road to paint them.  The PB is a Santa Fe Warbonnet, so most likely I will paint the other two as Santa Fe. The other PA is a PS3. Bob.