MY WORK !!!

Christian, I have about 50 hours in a Piper Cub, close in design to the L4, if not the same.  I have many hours of pleasure in that aircraft. And this is what I flew in Viet Nam, in fact this Huey is from the same company that I flew in, Little Bears, 25th Aviation battalion, noted by the white little bear on the nose.  Bob.

UH-1-Huey-Vietnam.jpg

Edited by rbrown7713
forgot photo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bob

very nice photo I guess you were a pilot. (It was a dream for me but I am very very bad in Mathematic .)   I like this  noise   copter 

Here  I am as an investigator  passenger on  ARMEE DE  TERRE  - SA330 PUMA  near french  Guyana/Brasil border   (opération garimperos) 1987

and ready to be transported  to the jungle for investigations  aboard our Gendarmerie Nationale AS350 ECUREUIL   (squirrel nicknamed) 1988

GEND.jpg

Yes Christian, I was a pilot, with 2,000 hrs. flown in the Army, 1,120 hrs. in Nam. I was a CW2.  Last 2 years, I was a primary instructor pilot at Fort Wolters Texas 1969 and 1970.  Here is a picture after an 8 hr. mission in 1968. I'm the one on the right.  And you were an accident investigator, very good. Bob.

IMG_0201.JPG

Not spécially  for  aérial accidents    .There is a suitable service

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transport_Gendarmerie

my work was for "" district attorney " (Procureur de la République ) and all    investigations for the  judge 

I was an ""invistigating Officer ""  and it was a very  interesting  good job and refused all ranks to remain an investigator .

copter or small  plane   or native south American  pirogue were used because no roads in jungle (before 1989 )