June 1 running

markoles

Hi guys,

Thought you might like to see some pictures Luke (6) took on Sunday while we were running some trains.  You can see that my track crews have been bad about letting the weeds grow.  Also, Luke is not too steady with the camera, and so there's a lot of blurriness to these pictures!  Oh well! Enjoy!

weeding

speedy

RS 3s

East End

east End 2

doublheader

doubleheader

dark

This last one is my favorite.  It sort of reminds me of his magic marker drawings.

blurry speedy

Jim Miller hates the crossover there, though.  When we operate 4 trains at once or 2 on the inner loop, it takes careful attention NOT to have head on wrecks there. However, I like the cross over, as it allows the trains to pass each other and does create visual interest. 

I had those bricks left over from an old patio we took out.  I need to add two or three more layers of brick to keep my ballast from washing away.

One thing I really like about the East end is that you cannot see it when you are sitting on our patio.  So, you are forced to get up out of your chair and go over there to view.  I think about adding a bench out there somewhere.  Just to the right of that 5th shot is a huge oak tree.  At the base of the oak is a baby japanese red maple, which is arching toward the tracks there.  I am planning to let her grow until it makes a canopy and I can put a bench under there, too.

• 3 weeks later...