nice layout and storage!

enginear joe

Boy that is a nice layout he has!

But I totally disagree with his method of hammering out USA passenger car floors. I've detailed/ owned more that 20 of those cars and I've never had to use a hammer on them!

Infact I just took one car apart to clean it up as it's used and had oil and bird poop on the roof. I timed myself and it took a whopping 10 minutes to slide the floor out.

Rubber hammers & hyd. jacks...unbelievable!  :o

Must be a 'series' Land Rover owner. They have two tools in the case: a large hammer and a larger hammer  :D

I know - I've had two series III LRs.

Thanks for posting that article.

I didn't know about the USAT aluminium coaches, but they're proof of concept for my ideas about using aluminium extrusion for ATSF hi-levels.

Jens

It's funny that what I'm building in my shed and how it's laid out almost matches his stuff perfectly. Of course my stuff isn't up to these interior cabinet standards. I just used left over 2x4s and materials rather than throw them away.

I have the two main shelves with four running tracks each. I have extra shelves above for storage. I made permanent bridge tracks with sliding doors though. I didn't go for the lift outs which make sealing up to the elements much easier. I had considered this type so that I could have even more shelves that the bridge could be connected to up or down slightly. In the end, I felt it would lead to coupling and tracking issues that way.

I now told my girl that I'd like to make an engine yard up by the house, on the patio. She said no way! Keep it out back. Urrggg! I guess I'll need more concrete poured. I think I know right where to place it in a back corner.

I also would like to utilize the area under our deck for extra car storage tracks. I wish I had prepped it as it was built. It will be tough to do now. It's a nice long straight area about 27' x 3'. I'll have to do it when she's not looking. :rolleyes:

That's too much info taking away from this post..... Duh.