MTH F3 Fall Run

Jerry B44

I picked up a used set of MTH F3AA engines that were like new with only 20 hours on them. Got Kadee couplers on them and ran them with the only silver cars I have, some wood ones made by a modeler in Nebraska for a cafe. I got them when it closed. They even had wooden trucks, I replaced them with some old Great Trains passenger trucks and Gary Raymond ball bearing wheels. Like all MTH engines they have good smoke/sound. These ran nice and smooth for several hours. I am negotiating to get some more MTH engines and cars, so be prepared!

MTHF3smB.JPG

The passenger cars are also 1/32 scale, so a long train can not dominate my layout.

MTHF3smA.JPG

• 2 months later...

I just got a Santa Fe dome car by the DeHanes company, they made them back in the late 80's. 1/32nd scale, so hope it matches my MTH Santa Fe coaches. Didn't want to build another dome car like I did for my MTH Union Pacific coaches.  Was on ebay, in the gauge 1 section, not G scale section. Sorta tricky.