LGB 1015K reverse loop tracks

nymark

I've run reverse loops in N and HO scale. I'm not too good understanding electricity but can get the job done and solve problems that I'm in the shade about through trial and error. There must be a standard way (the right way) to run reverse loops for a DCC, G scale layout. Thanks-Nymark

Generally the standard way to handle a reversing loop is to have the loop that comes back around on the straight to be completely isolated(like you said), then once the entire train is on the loop the polarity reversal occurs.  As far as specific info on specific units I'm not sure.

• 1 month later...

i have a reverse loop just put it up , control the polarity with double thro double pole with the +&- going to the center 2 post, chriscross outer 4post. A isolater on all 4 rails at the end. you figger out how to make it automatic,thats my problem {automatc} I would like to run my g scale trains with a phone, turn on anything on the layout from anywhere in the world,while watching on some gagett the younger kids don"t seem to be interested in trains today.Do you think  that might sparke there interist ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Anyone know where i could visit a g scale working dcs layout?I have been trying to get mine going for the last 15 years.     [HELP]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           looking forard to hearing from someone             thanks  Wildbill out

• 1 year later...

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:52 PM, WildBill1478 said:

i have a reverse loop just put it up , control the polarity with double thro double pole with the +&- going to the center 2 post, chriscross outer 4post. A isolater on all 4 rails at the end. you figger out how to make it automatic,thats my problem {automatc} I would like to run my g scale trains with a phone, turn on anything on the layout from anywhere in the world,while watching on some gagett the younger kids don"t seem to be interested in trains today.Do you think  that might sparke there interist ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Anyone know where i could visit a g scale working dcs layout?I have been trying to get mine going for the last 15 years.     [HELP]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           looking forard to hearing from someone             thanks  Wildbill out

make a new post of your own asking for help wiring your layout. I will try to help you as well as others here. It does take some rule following to get the layout working but 15 years??

I have mine on utube all running with DCS. Problems creep up and I solve them. I would always suggest to anyone trying, to start with a simple loop of track or smaller section and go from there. Any loop must be broke at least in one spot .

Once you establish that all the equipment works properly, it's easier to move forward. You must have something wired so that it kills the signal or some pieces of equipment doing harm?

What TIU version and what version of DCS are you using? What power? Etc. will all need to be posted for proper help.