Need Advice/Help

nancyjg

Thank you for letting me join this group! I would be grateful if someone can tell me a general value of the attached pix of my late husband's steam locomotive? I've also emailed local train clubs asking if they know more about this item and have gotten no response. I've held on to "Doris" for sentimental reasons for 7 years but feel like the time is right to give someone else the opportunity to enjoy it as much as Paul did. He bought it in 2007ish for around $800, I don't have any boxes or know the brand name. He was only able to run it 3 or 4 times before he had to start treatment for cancer. If anyone can give me an idea of its worth, I would really appreciate it. Thanks ~

post-1217-0-24565000-1460125655_thumb.jp

post-1217-0-96559800-1460125656_thumb.jp

post-1217-0-03545700-1460125658_thumb.jp

post-1217-0-53101000-1460125659_thumb.jp

post-1217-0-37339000-1460125660_thumb.jp

I would say it is an Accucraft two cylinder live steam shay. Looks like he equipped it with radio control. I found it on a web page, guess it was a page he made? Had a wife Nancy in the pictures.   http://www.qsl.net/n0lrf/gwhizpage/gwhizpage.html

Probably worth over $2000. You have the radio control transmitter?    That would help the value.   Looks like you have the mounting base. The box would be made of wood.

Marc, at Silver State trains sells them and does buy from estates, good guy to deal with.

marksstrains@aol.com
                                                                                                  Mobile: (702) 595-5318

Yes Jerry, that's me! I didn't even know it was possible to still get to that page - wow, thanks for the memories! Paul passed in 2009 and the rest of his trains have been dispersed through the years to family members and friends. He did have a remote control for it which evidently has been lost through several of my moves. You have been so very helpful! I appreciate your time in posting and a name to contact ~

Hope it works out for you Nancy. Nice the family wanted some of his trains. Hope that is true of my kids, once they get over cussing me out for having so much stuff!  I did do a full inventory of my collection, few notes about it and what I thought it was worth, with a picture so they could i.d. it.  I gave them Mark's number and Trainz is another outfit that does it, but I've heard Mark is better.

• 2 weeks later...