LGB Amfleet kitbash to 1:32

rbrown7713

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
On 3/5/2017 at 12:43 PM, du-bousquetaire said:

Hi Bob I wasn't following this because the era I model stops at 1957 roughly when steam died out on the Pennsy. But I should have after crossing the USA from New York to Flagstaf and back behind these very succesful locos and riding the Amfleet on the last legs (Pennsylvanian) last spring. Great ideas for the diaphragms and those coupler springs. I am following this with great interest now as I have often considered doing the same thing to those USA trains Senator cars (the ribbed Pennsy cars ) to reduce them to 1/32 scale. That would entail cutting aluminum but that would not be impossible and glued together with epoxy would make a very strong bond. I don't know if I will takle this though, I have a lot of more urgent projects to work on. I have made quite a few coaches in aluminum six to date + 5 kits. The first was a French 2 axle express Baggage car photop before painting and lettering, the second was a Nord express third class coach from the all welded De Caso design photo before lettering, the third was my PRR N5 cabin car, the fourth was my PRR,B60 baggage, the fifth was my PRR D78 diner, and the sixth was an SNCF post WW2 modernisation of an old pre WW1 PLM six wheeler for local traffic photo before lettering. These were all made between 2007 and 2015 with a few other projects in between built in Styreen and brass. Aluminum is nice, light and sturdy, works well and I can get it at my local hardware store, the brass I have to go to Paris in a specialty shop to get it. I have also built three bridges in aluminum. Two are shown with French steamers on them.

P1010367.JPG

P1020416.JPG

P1030842.JPG

P1030163.JPG

P1040786.JPG

P1050832.JPG

P1040602.JPG

P1050244.JPG

Excellent work on the Pennsy B60 Simon! I would love to have a 1/29 version of it.