Accucraft 1/32nd passenger cars

Jerry B44

I finally got a set of MTH passenger cars used in Amtrak. I think their a good sized car and I'll be looking at these new ones too. I already ordered another set from MTH and I usually go for freight first. Are the lights LEDs?

Hope they make a set in Amtrak too.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the specs, the Accucraft cars are to be 30" long and the MTH cars are 28 1/2" long so the difference should be 1 1/2" in length.  Since MTH only produces a coach and observation car, I wonder what mixing the two manufacturers together would look like?  Although no vista dome cars are available, you could add  baggage, pullman, and diner cars to add some variety.  Just a thought. 

That's a good question.  I think you could probably get away with it but what I think will stand out is the color difference.  Seems like this may be my chance to get a set of cars I like the color of as I never cared for the colors MTH chose for theirs.  I would still need to repaint my engine tho.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to pass along that I read on another forum that the pre-order price is in effect until Feb.28,2014.  That is $250.00 for a smooth-sided streamlined  passenger car and $1,425.00 for the six car set.  As of Mar.1, 2014 there will be a 20% increase to $300.00 far a smooth-sided streamlined passenger car and $1,710.00 for the six car set. Anyway, there's  about a month to decide if anyone was thinking of acquiring these cars.  

Personally, I've never pre-ordered anything; so I'm not sure exactly how that works?  Apparently you just tell an Accucraft Dealer what you want and there is no advance payment?  I guess you pay whenever the dealer receives it.  I would think you would need to specify the roadname but I'm not sure of that either.  I'll have to check this out.

I wish they had Amtrak to fit into my train! I may look at a different road name.

I preordered from MTH too. so no big deal to me. It's tougher to decide because of the length and how it would look in my MTH train just by guessing. + I already ordered the Amtrak MTH ones.