sad news

enginear joe

I saw on another site that Ray Schoup has passed away. It said from cancer. I asked him how his health was just a short while back and he replied "don't cry for me, I've got a great family and I've had a great life." Truly a great man for saying this near the end. I didn't know how bad his health was.

God bless him, his family, and friends. 

Ray was a great guy. We wrote/called quite a bit. He knew the most about Great Trains and was a whiz at electronics and helping people. He was a Zephyr fan and had gotten part of one and I was trying to help him with measurements/pix from mine, but he never got it done. Sad to see him go, but he knew it was coming.

• 2 weeks later...

As Jerry stated, Ray was the 'go to guy' for Great Trains information; and when the "Pennsylvania & Arizona" (PAZ) schedules Amtrak Superliner consists, a billboard to Ray will be "on Display" at the station for the 'mockups' now reside in NEPA.

All aboard Ray....... I know you are enjoying  1st Class accomodations aboard "The Starlight Express!"