Mason Bogie w Water Car

Screwy Nick

The Mason is a great looking and a sweet running loco. The only complaints I have heard is the boiler capacity is too small and have to stop offten to top off. Used an LGB Drovers Caboose for water and pump. it also carries the battery for the R/C. The pump is presentlly controled by a switch that is with the marker lights as an indicator the pump is on. My first run proved the complainers correct, the loco stopped within 15 minutes. It had run out of water, the disk that transferes motion from the servo/motor to the pump arm broke. I made a new one and started all over. 

I started the loco with 135mls water in the boiler. The gas lasted 50 minutes. I filled the water bottle 3 times and when it was done had some water left in the tank, the loco had 105mls in the boiler. So it kept the boiler almost constant. I'm happy. 

wkxl4364RgGrnIK+GPYEAw.jpg

GeGGnk87T9aOR7LczxlGyw.jpg

Hi Nick, nice video, the machine looks like new, I guess Accucraft ? Something like that is very rare, I think she used to be able to drive backwards very well. If you understand what I mean.

Thank you

Jan

Jan, yes Accucraft, I like the 'just out of the shop', well taken care of look.    They were used on small narrow gauge RR's.  The loco is articulated so can run well on sharp curves and uneven ground, and to run equally well in both directions was a plus.