Rail Pro my system of choice

trainman605

I'm new to this forum and didn't see much on Rail Pro, so just wondering if any formers are using it. I now have it in three engines, all battery power with Rail Pro and no track power. I will say there system works very well and have had no problems, just put the trains on the track, or floor wherever they will run and be done with it. It takes all the fun out of cleaning track, your lights have no flickering, and I find my run times are way longer then I need for my running times. Everything is in one board, engine control, lights, sound, etc., pretty much takes the fun out of using several different systems when you get it all in one. If interested just go to YouTube and type in Rail Pro and you will find all the info you need. 

trainman

I installed RailPro into 3 engines right now and can switch between track or battery power. I gave RailPro a chance about 2 years ago and wasn't impressed with the input power ratings. The prior version LM-3S-G decoder had a max. input rating of 24V DC and that sucked. I even spoke with somebody at Ring and was told absolutely do not power it over 24V DC. I explained that some large scale engines need at least 24V - 30V to really get into the higher prototypical track speeds as my layout rail power supplies are set at 30V. And if using say 24V Li-On batteries their max charge is 29 almost 30V. He didn't like that. Well I guess enough of us complained to Ring and the new LM-4S-G decoder has a max input power rating of 30V. 

Now I'm happy with them even though some of the soundfiles are pretty crappy. The E7 & 8 sounds should have 2 engines starting and the steam chuffs sound like pink noise...static. No articulated sounds of the double chuffs falling in and out of sync and not capable of driving a smoke unit is a negative for me. So I'll stick with RailPro in a few diesels so I can run a train on dead rail and stick with MTH PS3 in all other engines...and those can be battery powered too!

Recent Aristo MRL SD45 RailPro installation of mine.

20221007_183045.thumb.jpg.2130195ac06ddf7f0de93dc5fbf64936.jpg

Number 351 I recently painted and made decals for.

20221007_194213.thumb.jpg.7840e4c2d2c610714401f0ec5bc0a6f3.jpg

Like other Large Scale Forums, I do find this one probably one of the least used by it's members, it does not change too much day to day. All being said, I will still give it a look now and them, I do realize we all have our favorites. As far a Rail Pro goes it works for me and many others, but not to say others don't work well either. I will say, I'm a modeler first and a train runner second, so just running trains outside just doesn't do too much for me, but what you enjoy is all that counts. 

trainman

Not used as much because it doesn't have the number of members as others, nor does it have the condescending, arrogance and aggressive behavior that you find elsewhere.  I do post on others, but this is my forum of choice.  Also if you ask a ? one of the more knowledgeable people will respond, or the most of all, Ray.    The Hobby:  I personally enjoy both the building/modifying and running my live steam or electric toys.  Even to just look at them on the shelf makes me happy.