Prr e7-a and e7-b construction

rbrown7713

I am finally getting around to building an E7 A and B for  the Broadway limited with some Finescale cars.  This will complete my  4 trains with the correct locos with the correct, I hope, cars. I will have to replace the number boards on the cab to the earlier style. Bob.

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

The reason is, I like the sounds and control that the DCS system offers, plus that is all that I use, except for the smaller phone control.  It doesn't have all of the controls that the full system has. What decoder that you have used that has the sound quality that the DCS system has? Bob.

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

The reason that I used an F3 cab is that is has all of the proper mounts for the lights, cab interior light and the engineer and controls mount. In the B unit, I used a roof vent from the F3 also to allow the sound to escape from the B unit. Bob.

Some of you may know this about the center axle of the 3 axle NWSL block.  The center axle does not have bushings between the case and the wheel as the outside axles have.  The center one is allowed to float for tighter radii.  Well sometimes the pickup bearing will float outside the case and cause the axle to tilt.  It will not right itself, so the only way to correct this is to disassemble the block and re install this bearing.  The white tabs that you see, were glued on the bearing to prevent the bearing from slipping outside of the case.  The axles are still allowed to track back and forth without dislodging.

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

I have changed my mind about using the MTH cab.  I removed the cab and replaced it with the Rich Garich cab as it looks more accurate than the MTH cab.  I will have to construct the MTH mounts within the cab for mounting the MTH stuff. Bob.

IMG_1235.JPG