Trainworld MTH RailKing One-Gauge Tank Cars Are In!

Chuck

Trainworld has some new exclusive MTH One-Gauge Tank Cars in. Proves that MTH is still fully capable of producing new rolling stock. As a side note I did contact MTH/ Andy Edleman just about one year ago on 11/06/2021 about piggy backing an order onto Trainworlds order and was told that minimum was 96 pieces required but it was too late. 

The Trainworld cars are expensive yes but exclusive. I pre-ordered all 4 at $149.99 each not because of political reasons but for an investment as MTH One-Gauge tank cars are selling for twice that amount.

Here's the link as scroll down and you'll see them. :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

https://www.trainworld.com/new-arrivals/g-scale.html

Wow, They just added 2 more and bumped all prices up to $199.99 each! :Face_With_Rolling_Eyes_Emoji_large(24x24): Glad I pre-ordered at $149.99 each as I thought that was way overpriced as originally they cost $89.95 each. The large scale market needs another huge player/ dealer like ST. Aubin was. They had the space and deep pockets to buy large quantities at a huge discount and store it all. Dealers these days have very limited stock and have everything drop shipped.  

Thank you Chuck,

Is there a real model for the tankers, I can't find anything. Considering that the models are made very simple, the price is more than sporty. I have a lot of them and I like them very much. I like a real paint job better, but I probably don't understand the background, anyway, I think it's a pity.

I have provided for bad times, these two from 2005-7 are still originally packed, new.:Smiling_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

Regards

Jan

D061B1FD-C5B8-4E87-9B6D-65258D3E772E.jpeg

E79D891D-430E-4A0A-A653-92519213E3E8.jpeg

Jan, 

No those tanks cars are all fantasy paint schemes. The U.P. ones are close but I don't think they ever had "Big Boy" tank cars...but they do look nice and anything with the U.P. on it sells very well.

Yes as I have 3 brand new MTH tank cars and they're getting old. I just checked and they're going on 15 - 20 years old...time flies! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chuck, wow, the UP with flag looks very good, I have the Dash 8 with flag. From my experience, the models always look better than the pictures in the catalog, which are mostly retouched graphics.

Regards

Jan

Jan, Yes the UP flag cars are nice! Lots of $$$ but whatever. Dash-8 UP flag locomotive...I came across the same shell at an auction site, now just need a fairly reasonably priced donor chassis!

Chuck