I finally bought a 3D printer

rbrown7713

I have always said that when a 3d printer was produced that printed parts with smooth surfaces and at a reasonable price, I would buy one.  Well I found it.  It is a Bambu X1 Carbon.  If you look at the reviews on Youtube, everyone loves it.  This printer does everything for you, leveling, nozzle prep., and a bunch of other things.  This is good for me, because I know nothing about these things.  From what I understand, you insert the .stl file and push the button.  It is multicolor, 4 colors, auto filament change, and has a camera, so if I am at Bob Evans having a cup, I can monitor it while sipping.  All of the things that I didn't want to learn about 3d printing, I don't have to, because this thing does it for me.  Also, it is said to be very fast and prints carbon and nylon, but I found out by watching tests on Youtube that regular plastic is just as strong as the exotic stuff. So, that's it for now, oh, I spent near 1900.00, including some add ons.  Bought from the co. itself. I will get it in a couple of days, and I will share my first print. Bob. I will try to find a picture of it..

l-intro-1683563083.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, my first project is an E1A pilot section.  When I add this to my E7 shell, It will be able to transform into an E1 or E6.  I will be making a urethane mold for repetition of parts.  This part took 3 hours to print. Made out of PLA.  Very high res.  shows rivets well.  Cost of printer was around 1650. Here is a video of it printing in real time, and a picture of the finished part.  https://youtu.be/WYvGvE3j1Fw

IMG_1665.JPG