4.3 not ready for use

enginear joe

MTH released new software and it has flaws. They are currently working on a new one again that's 4.31. After upgrading to 4.3 and running into some problems, I'd suggest that others might wait until the next one is ready. I don't know how the 4.3 beta test missed so much?

It's hard to tell yet from all the complaints which ones are valid. I ran into lash-up problems and those alone made me angry. I've heard of signal problems and I ran into a little myself. I can't attribute it to 4.3 so I'm not as sure.

I should have waited myself as I heard of the problems. Now, I think I'll have to rebuild every consist as all the preset lighting is messed up. I fix it and on power cycle it goes back to messed up again. That was on existing consists. I have not made up new ones. Maybe it will go back to normal with 4.31??? Maybe if people go straight to 4.31 they won't have to?? I wouldn't recommend 4.3 with the consist lighting problems. It causes as much trouble as it attempts to fix. I hope they hurry with a fix or I'll go back to 4.2.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently changed soundsets on my E8 1:32 loco from an F7 to 0 scale Proto2 AA Santa Fe E8 with 4.3 and the 2.3 program and had no problems.  Of course, I am not worried about lashups. Robert Brown.  BTW, the sounds are fantastic.