Self Reliance

Screwy Nick

I see where folks on other forums are more willing to rely on EXPERTS to tell them what to do rather than make what they have shown they are fully capable of doing.  

I learned the first time I was raked over the coals, that I better learn how to do it myself.   My Father said 

"take advantage me once,  shame on you,  do it again, shame on me"      THANK YOU DAD.    love jr

It's what makes consuming information on the internet difficult/tricky/lot-of-work is you really have to go the extra step and really analyze for yourself what really makes sense and make a common sense decision based on what all has been said, the way it has been communicated and who has told you the information.  Hard to find objective discussion on topics.

Wait? U mean if the guy just yells louder, he may not be right?

if he doesn't use brand X, no one else should, because of course, he is the self appointed expert?

he says something, does the opposite, and then carries on like he was right all the time?

.......I'm getting no where. This will take years to type! :o

One can use the internet as a basis for info, but then trial and error is how it's done.  COMMON SENCE is the key here, which seems to be in short supply lately.   

Some would rather just sit back and rely on Govt, Union or Experts to direct them when and how to proceed.  I feel more accomplished by gathering information,  seeing what make good sense, trying on my own, and failing till I get it right than being taken over the coals by those who just want to sell something.  How many are left holding a bag of crap they have no use for, or it didn't do what it was supposed to??  

Sorry, I'm just outraged by watching folks on other forums being taken for a ride and needed to vent.    

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.