Wanted: MTH New York Central Passenger Cars

Yes, I have received it. It is like new. There was a problem. the seller neglected to mention that there was a corner broken off and glued back on. We negotiated a settlement and I am happy

There have been several NYC hudson models made over the years.  Most recently, there was:

Aster: live steam and electric

Fine Arts Models: J3A Dreyfuss and regular

LGB: J3A

MTH: J3A

USAT: J1e

and there may have been one or two other oddball manufacturers of this iconic locomotive.

It's kind of amazing, when you stop to consider the number of roads that had their own steam engine designs, yet all the models tend to be of one or two roads.  There was a vocal minority that was lobbying for USRA models of the light / heavy pacfiic and mikado, plus 0-6-0 and 0-8-0 switchers.  The argument was that all those engines could use the same 15,000 gallon tender (ARisto did eventually make it with their first run of mallet locomotives) for a 4-6-2, 4-8-2, 2-8-2, 2-10-2, 2-6-2, 0-6-0, 0-8-0, so all they'd have to make for new molds would be the locomotive itself. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!! Looking good!

Interesting plastic deck boards that you're using for the benchwork. You ever have any problems with bee's or wasps building nests inside? Around here the hornets just love spaces like that...ouch! 

Chuck,

That picture was taken just after the track was laid and the decking wasn't yet complete.  There are now end caps on each board that seal it off from pests.  You could also add a mothball or two to each to keep it clear of bees and wasps.

Here is what the finished decking looks like.

post-601-0-72191100-1403310828.jpg

I live in Michigan, and in the mid-west there is a home improvement store called Menards.  This style board I've only see there.  They are called "Ultra Deck" and when on sale they sell for $ .99 LF.  Here is a link to their web page.